Procedures for open recruitment
- Step 1 : Documents evaluation.
- Step 2 : Evaluation for adequateness of major and research. Research presentation and personality evaluation will be carried out at the same time.
- Step 3 : Interviews with the Faculty Personnel Committee will be given.
- Step 4 : A notice of success in employment will be given to successful applican
Research achievements for evaluation
- Evaluation for research achievements focuses on quality over quantity.
- Applicants should carefully select 2~3 representative papers or main-author papers which meets the standard of international rate A (SCI class) but does not go beyond 300% (3 papers)
- Only research performances within the last 3 years of the evaluation period which were filled in faculty pool systems will be evaluated.
- Research performances dated before the evaluation period or not entered in person will not be evaluated.
Credit-weighing by author : refer to the evaluation steps and standards
general author (co-author)
- 1 author 100%, 2 authors 70%, 3 authors 50%, 4 authors 30%, more than 5 authors 20%.
chief or main author
- 1 author 100%, 2 authors 80%, 3 authors 70%, 4 authors 60%, more than 5 authors 50%.
Credit-weighing international rate of A(AHCI, SSCI, SCIE)
- Humanities and Social Sciences : 2 times.
Sciences, Engineering, and Medicine:1.5 times
- ex) In case of SCIE papers which are written by single and main author, it is possible to hand in 2 papers : credit-weighing rate 100% * 1.5 * 2 = 300%.
Removal of applicant's name on research achievements for evaluation
- Applicants should remove any personal information (name, applicant's position, etc.).
Applicant's name and personal information shouldn't be revealed.
(Hardcopy correction: Erase personnel information by using black ink or cut out before scanning.
PDF file: Erase personnel information by using PDF revising tools before uploading)
Research presentations by departments
Research presentations will be performed on the specified date by a relevant department.
In principle, the research presentations should be proceeding offline, but in consideration of delays in the immigration process due to strengthening immigration control and quarantine for the purpose of preventing COVID-19 infection, video presentation of overseas residents is allowed. (Details will be announced separately)
Evaluation will be given on the campus which the relevant department belongs to.
Humanities and Social Sciences/Arts : Departments in Humanities and Social Science campus (SEOUL).
Natural Sciences/Engineering/Medicine/Sports : Departments in Natural Sciences campus (Suwon).
- Individual evaluation will be one hour in duration.
The evaluation date and time by departments will be announced.
Departments which have already set the schedule for evaluations will announce it to the applicants when they have submitted the required documents.
Applicants who have submitted the required documents by postal mail will be notified either by phone or email.
Details including the presentation theme and time will be announced together.
- No changes to an individual presentation date or time can be made since the schedule is universally set for all candidates.
No one can be employed if no eligible candidates are found or if the balanced development of a specific department will be impeded
(ex: in the case where employment falls into the employment quota system)